Subha Narasimhan is a senior member of technical staff at
Her interests are in mathematical modeling. She received her doctorate
in physics from The Ohio State University in 1987 and was a post
doctoral fellow at Texas A&M University and Chalmers Institute of
Subha has worked in theoretical condensed matter physics, specializing
in low temperature physics. Her publications have included studies
in several areas:
quasi-crystals, superfluid Helium and the fractional quantum Hall
effect. She has done both analytic work and extensive numerical
Among her many talents are computer programming, database management,
and www traffic analysis.
Currently, she is directing her attention to predictive modeling from
the analysis of AdStream statistics... besides pitching in as a
developer. AdStream is the top Internet advertising delivery system.
- Ph.D in Physics, Ohio State University (October 1987)
- M.S in Physics, Ohio State University (September 1981)
- M. Sc in Physics, The Indian Institute of Technology,
Bombay, India (April 1979)
Fields of Specialization:
- Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
- Analysis of complex systems
- Experience in the areas of Low temperature Physics
with emphasis on,
- Superconductivity, He3
and He4, Fractional Quantum Hall Effect.
- Electronic Transport in Metals, The Kondo effect,
Semiconductors, and Superlattices, Quasiperiodic structures.
- Ph.D Thesis on the Energetics and Symmetries of Quasi-Crystals.
- Quantum field theory, Statistical mechanics
- Group Theory : Finite and Lie groups
- Numerical analysis, real and complex analysis
- Simulations and Monte Carlo algorithms.
- Languages: C, C++, perl, java, SQL, Fortran, Pascal
- Systems: Unix, DOS, Vax-VMS, MS Windows
- Tools :
- TeX, Macsyma, SMP, IMSL, MS Windows SDK
- Web Development using C, C++ perl, html, forms, cgi and java.
Designed and developed a web-based database application for
real-estate listings using a postgres SQL database.