Dr. Brahman Levy, M.D.
Acupuncturist, Stress Management
Healing Arts Institute Inc.
The primary service I offer is Acupuncture. I do some counseling
concerning issues such as lifestyle, diet and stress management. In
addition I give lectures on Acupuncture, Yoga, Meditation and Stress
Philosophy and Approach
Health is a natural state, a state of balance and harmony. One's
body and mind are endowed with an innate healing capacity; there is
ongoing in body and mind a never ceasing effort to attain/retain/restore
balance. Disease occurs because there has been loss of this balance.
Healing occurs with its restoration. The healing process can be helped
externally by therapies which support the body and mind in this process
(E.G. Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Homeopathy, Bodywork, Psychotherapy
and appropriate conventional interventions), and internally by practices
and activities that increase one's level of well being, energy and awareness
(E.G. Meditation, Hatha Yoga, Tai Chi, Right Diet and Right Action).
- Acupuncture Training
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture/UCLA School of
Medicine, finished program in Dec., 1995.
- Studies in Traditional Chinese Medicine with Dr. Anita Cignolini
- Passed Acupuncture Proficiency Exam administered by the
American Academy of Medical Acupuncture, March, 1996
- Medical Training
- Graduated from Medical College of Virginia with M.D., May, 1988
- Completed Residency training in Family Practice, June, 1991
- Board Certified in Family Practice, 1991, recertified, 1997
- Training in Yoga and Stress Management
- Completed Integral Yoga Teachers' Training Program in July, 1974
Return to Directory