News from the Staff
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
approx. 4 Servings
- ½ cup olive oil or butter
- Approx. 2 lb. center cut pork chops ¼" to ½" thick
- flour for dredging
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Romano
- 2 eggs lightly whipped
- Dredge pork chops in the flour.
- Dip each pork chop in the egg, then cot with crumbs.
- Preheat a Teflon coated skillet to 350°.
- Pour oil or butter into the skillet.
- Sauté the chops approx. 5 minutes (2½ minutes on each side).
- Remove from heat and serve with mashed potatoes.
- A food item must have 3 grams of fat or less per 100 grams to qualify as low fat.
- When searching for phyllo dough at the store, always take the box in the back of the stack. That box will be the freshest and easiest to use.
Trefethan Escol Chardonnay
This is a crowd pleasing, food-friendly wine perfect for any occasion. The Insider's Wine Line named it a "best buy", called it "very fresh on the palate, bright and forward, boasting a lingering, spicy, fruity finish. Universally lauded, this wine is clear and golden with aromas of apple, cinnamon, and orange.
This chardonnay balances its' soft round fruit and whispers of oak with poise and elegance. Take time to enjoy this wine through it's refreshing finish. It has been said that the Trefethan Chardonnay is "the standard by which other California Chardonnay's are judged".
Ardberg 17 year old
Ardberg single malt scotch whiskey had, in the past, not been widely available. It's distillery, located on the island of Islay had been shut down through most of the 1980's. Now owned by Glemorangie, Ardberg is a stunning whiskey with a cult-like following.
Islay single malts are known for their peaty and smokey flavors, and Ardberg is no exception. Of all Islay whiskeys, Ardberg stands alone as the most delicate and complex; revered by connoisseurs as something extraordinary.
| Guest Rooms | Fine Dining | News from the Staff | Contact Us | Gift Certificates |